Buying things from The Fauves is fun. It will enhance your reputation as a person of refinement and culture. Not many groups are named after art movements, lending an air of exclusivity to those who are. Your commercial dealings with The Fauves will be some of the most important and politically correct financial undertakings you will make in a lifetime of material consumption.
We take an inordinate amount of pride in the fine details of mail ordering. Postage and handling are our specialty and the wary consumer can relax in the knowledge that each purchase he or she makes is guaranteed to have been touched by at least one band member. We are happy to sign things free of charge. This brings with the attendant bonus of knowing that all FOUR members have touched your precious cargo.
Feel free to browse our discography page for more detailed information on each of the releases listed below. If you have already made your choice, you have three purchase methods to choose from:
1. Click the ADD TO CART button next to your choice. This takes you to PayPal where you can make your secure purchase. This is the method to choose if you wish to pay by credit card.
2. Contact us at email@example.com for our banking details. This is the method to use if you would like to make a bank transfer.
3. Send a cheque or money order made out to The Fauves to the following address: PO BOX 199, Mornington, Vic 3931, Australia. This is the method to use if you are a traditionalist.
2. All of our albums except JAPANESE ENGINES and GERMAN ENGINES are now out of print. This means that finding new copies of them is very difficult. All copies sold on this website are new (except where indicated) and the prices reflect the level of difficulty in obtaining them.
3. For mp3 versions, FUTURE SPA, LAZY HIGHWAYS, THOUSAND YARD STARE, FOOTAGE MISSING, THE FAUVES, NERVOUS FLASHLIGHTS, WHEN GOOD TIMES GO GOOD, JAPANESE ENGINES and GERMAN ENGINES are all available on iTunes.
Released May 2012. Plenty of copies available.
Released 2011. Plenty of copies available.
Released 2008. Don’t live without it. Now out of print. We have about 15 new copies left
Awesome 23-song B-side compilation. A sweeping historical saga of Tolstoy-esque proportions. Most of these songs are not available anywhere else.
This is one of only two vinyl releases The Fauves have issued. It was the band’s first release and came out in 1990 as a five track EP. This Mood Has Passed has been known to sell on eBay for amounts far in excess of what you can purchase it for here. No collection can ever be said to be complete without this, The Fauves debut recording.
An extremely rare double A-sided vinyl single. This record was released in late 1990 and is a true collector’s item. Low, low price.
The truth and exaggerated versions of it. Shred is the legendary Fauves magazine that extended to 6 issues. Issues 1 and 2 are no longer available. Issue 3,4 and 5 cost $5.50. Issue 6, the longest at over 60 pages, costs $10. The greatest rock writing ever produced in this country.